NEW! Coal Change-Out Adder - combine with existing CEDF incentives to get up to 50% off the cost of a new heating system.
For example: Susan uses a coal stove to heat her small business. She shops around and settles on a $5,000 total project for a new pellet stove.
50% of the project cost is $2,500. Susan will receive a $2,500 coal change out adder to cover the full 50% of the project cost. (The project additionally qualifies for a $650 Efficiency Vermont discount on the pellet stove purchase.)
For example: Mike use a coal furnace to heat his home. He shops around and settles on a $24,000 total project for a new pellet furnace.
50% of the project cost is $12,000. Mike is already receiving a $3,000 CEDF incentive. Mike maxes out the full $7,000 coal change out adder to bring his total CEDF incentive package to $10,000. (The project additionally qualifies for a $3,000 Efficiency Vermont rebate.)
1. Customer finds retailer/installer via RERC or Efficiency Vermont
2. Retailer/installer applies on customer’s behalf for coal change-out adder BEFORE project starts (application linked to the right)
3. RERC reviews application, determines adder amount
4. Customer receives approval & voucher for coal change-out adder
5. Retailer/installer completes project & submits voucher, invoice, and photos of installed system
6. Retailer/installer receives a coal change-out adder check from the CEDF (on applicable projects, the check will also include the CEDF’s fixed $3,000 incentive for a boiler/furnace).
Pellet boiler/furnace installers